The 84000 Reading Room provides an immersive online reading environment that allows direct and interactive access to the teachings of the Buddha.
Users of the reading room are now able to:
- Read full translations of texts, including introductory summaries.
- Scan the comprehensive list of section titles and text titles of the entire Kangyur in three languages: English, Tibetan, and Sanskrit. (Includes titles of both translated and not-yet-translated texts).
- Make use of the integrated three-language glossary and subject classification system linked to each translation.
- Download PDF versions of the translated texts.
- Read the endnote without having to refer back and forth.
- Use the search function to search for key terms occurring in different texts.
Learn how to use the Reading Room and its features:
Expand all | Collapse all
Access the Reading Room
Click on the “Reading Room” tab on the menu, or go directly to read.84000.co
Navigate around the Reading Room
(A) Section view
Scroll down the main page to the Section view to see the various sections of the Kangyur, e.g. Discipline (Vinaya), Perfection of Wisdom (Prajnaparamita).
(B) Title view
Click on a Section tile to the Title view for a complete list of the titles (in Tibetan, English and Sanskrit) of all the texts contained in this section of the Kangyur.
Complete list of titles
(C) Book view
Download the translated texts as PDF
Use the integrated glossary
Use the endnote
Use the search function
Use the navigation tools and shortcuts
Return to Main Page (Lobby view)
Return to 84000 Homepage