108 Founding Sponsors – Completed!

The Founding Sponsorship scheme was rolled out in 2010, with the aim of helping us to raise $5 million USD in seed money by 2014.

We are thrilled to announce that all 108 Founding Sponsorship positions have been filled as of March 2013, with a total of $5.6 million USD received in gifts/pledges. The 108 Founding Sponsors have come from 16 countries. About 30% of the donors are living in the West (Brazil, Canada, Europe, Kazakhstan, Mexico, New Zealand, UK, USA etc.) while the remaining 70% are from Asia (Bhutan, China, Hong Kong, India, Malaysia, Singapore, Taiwan etc.). Among the Founding Sponsors, there are several foundations, including Bodhi Foundation, Devki Foundation, Gere Foundation, Hershey Family Foundation, Jet Li One Foundation, and Khyentse Foundation. These donors have each given/pledged between $50,000-$250,000 USD to help us start our journey. These funds will lay the foundation for our ambitious 100-year undertaking, and help us get started with the task of translating the words of the Buddha.

Dzongsar Khyentse Rinpoche, chairperson of 84000, has written a message addressed to all 108 Founding Sponsors. Click here to view Rinpoche’s message.

Click here for a list of the Founding Sponsors.

Please join us in thanking and honoring these 108 Founding Sponsors by leaving a message on our FaceBook page or by sending your message to info@84000.co.

This entry was posted in Announcements. Bookmark the permalink.

Comments are closed.